Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A play on words

Jack has really been doing well lately at school, and is learning to write little stories. He is so enthusiastic, and comes home each day practicing. He has amazed us with his ability to be able to make a clear short sentence and even spell words without any help.
Yesterday he sat down and wrote (all by himself and correctly) "I like". He then asked how to spell "this". I told him how to spell it, he wrote it and then excitedly said "that's my word of the day mum, that's my word of the day look S...H...I...T". He is probably still wondering why SAM and are cracked up laughing. The final sentence was I like this bug. Well done Jack.
(I seem to recall at a similar age your big brother spelt the exact same word on a post it note and stuck it to his bedroom door, much to my horror).

No comments: