Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jack; The fish boy

Now for those of you that know Jack, he abcolutely loves fishing (for anything), and collecting all types of sea creatures. He has no fear around touching anything, and calls himself "the fish boy".
Jack has come home with his "super work" from school, and I found this poem in it.
I have included the whole poem so you can enjoy the way Jack's fish brain works.
The first is the poem written for the kids, and then the second is their chance to write their own. I will write what Jack has written in italics.

IF I WERE A FISH, HOW WOULD I LOOK?
I'D HAVE BIG EYES AND A SWISHY TAIL.
IF I WERE A FISH, WHAT WOULD I SEE?
I'D SEE WHALES AND SEALS AND FISH LIKE ME.
IF I WERE A FISH, WHAT WOULD I DO?
I'D PLAY HIDE AND SEEK WITH A HERMIT CRAB.
IF I WERE A FISH, WHAT WOULD I SAY?
I LOVE TO SWIM IN THE SEA ALL DAY.

IF I WERE A FISH, HOW OULD I LOOK?
ID HAVE big bulgy eyes
IF I WERE A FISH, WHAT WOULD I SEE?
I'D SEE sharks and sea horses
IF I WERE A FISH, WHAT WOULD I DO?
I'D dig under the sand
IF I WERE A FISH, WHAT WOULD I SAY?
Where's the bait?

No comments: